The team you love to hate
If you’re not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, chances are you dislike the whole “America’s Team” title its fan base thrives off of. In fact, you consider it’s fan base delusional. Each year we proclaim a Super Bowl championship heading into the season. Well here are 6 new reasons this season you will hate our fan base even more.
- Tony Romo was hurt in preseason against Seattle and you gloated. Claiming Dallas fans were still delusional and their season was finished before it even began. You’re predictions held true. You smiled going to bed after that game standing firm in your hate.
- When we drafted Ezekiel Elliot, you laughed at how stupid Jerry Jones was for not going after a defensive player. That is because you know the game so well. How did that turn out? Currently he is on pace to break the all-time rookie rushing record. A big factor in why we’re winning
- Oh well if all else fails Dallas’ Defense wont be able to defend any other team so without Romo, and with no defense they will fall to their own demise. These were your thoughts after we beat San Francisco. Going on the road to beat divisional opponent Washington, and jumping into Lambeau Field and shutting down Arron Rodgers was still not enough? Oh that’s right Rodgers was off that night. Also there was an overtime game on Sunday night football. Not bad for a top 5 ranked defense currently.
- Now number four, this one is special isn’t it? 4th round draft pick Dak Prescott has won 6 games in a row. Yes we know this makes your blood boil. Not only because America’s Team is winning, but doing so with 2 rookies! Did we mention running the whole NFC East currently?
- Over the last few years there have been polls that New England, and Denver was the new “America’s Team.” You have continually argued the fact that because Dallas has been insignificant since the 90’s that they can’t possibly still be America’s Team. Truth is, we have always been. How do you know our team owners name, but can’t name 2 others outside of your own team?
- Super Bowl 51 is scheduled to be in Houston this year. As each week passes and Dallas wins, the hype gets louder about America’s Team going all the way to the big stage. Once they win their 6th Championship to be the only team with Pittsburgh tied with as many championships what will you say then? We know. Jerry Jones paid the league.
Our fan base gets it. You just hate by nature. It’s in your blood. The fact America’s Team is not the team you claim; there will forever be a reason for you to hate us. We know we will never get your respect and that’s fine. We don’t need it. After all we are not like every other fan base. We’re delusional about our team, and forever stay loyal. In conclusion, I leave you with this. There is one thing about those tables, they always turn!